Our Passion and Purpose
As Christian men in the church we want, in the words of the Bible, to seek to ‘encourage one another to live a life worthy of our calling’.
There are 4 particular ways we can do this together:
- Encouragement to be ‘men of courage’. In the busyness of life we need to find opportunity to spend time together in both informal and formal settings to encourage one another in our responsibilities: at home, workplace and church.
- Friendships focused in Christ. We need to get to know each other better to develop trust and honesty rooted in the Gospel, so that we can strengthen one another in faith.
- Telling other men about the Gospel. The Gospel is ‘good news’ to be passed on to everyone; and no better way than men telling other men the gospel!
- Caring for needy people. There are many folk in the church and community - widows, the elderly, single parent mothers - who would value the practical and care support that a group of men from the church could provide.
- Men’s Prayer Meeting (every Monday at 11am, during term time)
- Football teams (Saturdays in the season)
- Exploring Christianity (8 week course)
- Pastor Dad - practical Biblical parenting
- Table Talk - topical discussions at a local pub
- London Mens Convention (LMC)
- Long Weekends Away (check the men's minstry board for information)
- Bible Study Groups and one -2- ones
- Christian Vision for Men events (Sign-up here for Man Friday)
11 May; 27 July; 26 Oct
Topics: work, rest, play
Table talk 10 Apr
Evangelistic Meal Night
If you want to know more look on men's ministry board or contact me